Thank you for your interest in becoming a vendor at the Independence Farmers' Market, a group of local farmers and crafters serving the Independence area run by the market manager, Joe Antoine. The Independence Farmers' market is proud to support local growers and crafters and share their goods with the Independence community. Vendors are welcomed on a first come, first serve basis and as space is available. 

The Independence Farmers' Market welcomes new vendors to participate in the 2019 season.  All fresh foods and crafts must be grown or made within a 100 mile radius of the city limits of Independence. The market will be open at least 25 Saturdays and 16 Wednesdays during the 2019 season.The cost to join  the market is $20 each Saturday market date or $15 each Wednesday market date. If you would like to purchase for the whole  season, the cost is $250.00 per market space for Saturday and $120.00 per market  space for Wednesday.  For further information, please contact Joe Antoine, at 816-591-3953 or find him in the Farmers’ Market office every Wednesday & Saturday that the market is open. 

Please note that vendors need to furnish their own tables and any other supplies needed to sell their products. Keep checking back for new rules and guidelines as they become available.

Below interested vendors can find information and forms on the Independence Farmers' Market.


The Independence Farmers’ Market is a growers only market. We are a producer’s market interested in showcasing locally grown and high-quality, local foods and accepts the following items to be sold, among others:

  • Fruits
  • Plants
  • Vegetables
  • Acidified foods (salsa, BBQ sauce, peppered jams and jellies, and pickles) 
  • Pasteurized Cheese (made under health permit of local jurisdiction)
  • Meat (from an approved source with a USDA/MDA stamp) 
  • Jams and jellies
  • Honey
  • Baked Goods (with required permits)
  • Eggs
  • Food items sold by mobile food unit
  • Self-Made Crafts

*If you are planning on selling any of the below items, you will need a business license from Independence in addition to a Health permit in order to sell at the market:

  1. Acidified foods
  2. Pasteurized cheese
  3. Baked goods
  4. Processed baked goods
  5. Mobile food units