The Information Technology Manager plans, directs, organizes, and supervises staff that work on network and telecommunication infrastructure as well as the IT help desk. This is a working managerial position; the incumbent will be performing hands on network, server, and telecommunication administration tasks.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or a related field and at least five years of progressively responsible experience or any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge and skills to perform the essential functions of the position. Must complete required NIMS level training within the first six months of hire. Valid driver’s license required. Position requires knowledge of network, server and telecommunication systems. Must be skilled in principles and practices of administration and supervision. Requires ability to use independent judgment and initiative, establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, and adhere to multiple deadlines and handle multiple projects. Must be able to analyze complex administrative and data systems, identify problems, and make sound recommendations; and to evaluate and prioritize requests. Physical Abilities: While performing the essential functions of this position the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and to reach with hands and arms. May occasionally exert up to 10 pounds of force. Working Conditions: Work is performed in a normal office environment. Working conditions are typically quiet.
• Directly oversees employees and is responsible for interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, and directing work.
• Develops, maintains, and oversees backup and disaster recovery/business continuity plans. Manages institutional risk related to data storage and security.
• Supports, develops and monitors IT systems policies and controls, information security, asset tracking control, and regulatory compliance.
• Oversees maintenance and improvements of both server and network infrastructure.
• Implements, supports and reports on IT Security systems to be compliant with regulations and standards (PCI, CJIS, etc…).
• Oversees the delivery of help desk support, to meet a broad variety of user issues and needs in a timely fashion.
• Implements process improvements to increase effectiveness and maintain a high level of end user satisfaction.
• Ensures team resources are utilized efficiently and effectively.
• Assists user departments in identifying, analyzing and implementing automated solutions.
• Prioritizes project requests from user departments and determines schedules for progress and completion; confers with departments to determine their priorities and needs.
• Participates in the budget process and maintains a budgetary awareness.
• Ensures compliance of all software licensing agreements.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
FBI Background check
Apply online at www.indepmo.org/hr or by visiting the Human Resources Department, 2nd floor, City Hall, 111 East Maple, Independence, MO 64050. Position Open Until Filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – BILINGUAL SKILLS PREFERRED