City Clerk

How Can I Serve On a Board or Commission?

Interested citizens who have been Independence residents for at least one year may apply to serve on City boards and commissions. Different meeting schedules and responsibilities offer many opportunities for participation in areas that fit an individual's particular interests and time available. Applications will remain on file for one calendar year.  If the board you're interested in does not have a current vacancy, please fill out the application as boards can have unexpected vacancies throughout the year. 

An application form can be filled in and printed. It can also be saved, completed and returned by regular mail, or email.

View Boards & Commission Application Form

Southwest 353 Application

City Clerk's Office
111 E. Maple Ave.
Independence, MO 64050
Phone: (816) 325-7010

More information is available online or by contacting the City Clerk's Office at (816) 325-7010.