Animal Services

Barking Dogs

First Occurrence

Call the Barking Dog line at (816) 325-7213 or fill out the online form below. A letter will be sent to the owner explaining the complaint and recommendations on how to remedy the problem.

Future complaints

If the barking violation is not resolved by the letter, you may sign a formal complaint, requiring you and the dog owner to appear in court.  You may sign the complaint at the Regional Animal Shelter located at 21001 E. M-78 Hwy. This step can be done at anytime and the first step can be skipped if you wish to file the formal complaint without sending the letter. Please be specific about dates and times the dog was a nuisance to you.

Submit a Barking Dog Complaint

Please provide as exact an address for the alleged owner as possible.
Date of Violation: mm/dd/yyyy
Complainant Name:
Complainant Address:
Complainant Phone:
Alleged Owner Name:
Alleged Owner Address:
Complaint Description:
If possible, please provide specific dates and times


Independence Animal Services

21001 E 78 Highway, Independence, MO 64057
Phone(816) 325-7207


Tuesday - Saturday  By Appointment, Walk-Ins Welcome if Time Permits, 10 am - 6 pm 

Sunday - Monday By Appointment Only 


(for stray animal drop-off) 

By Appointment Only


(to reclaim your lost pet)

Tuesday - Saturday 10am - 6pm By Appointment Only

Sunday - Monday By Appointment Only



Call (816) 325-7205