- Water that is safe to drink is called Potable.
- Water is composed of two elements: HYDROGEN and OXYGEN.
2 HYDROGEN + 1 OXYGEN = H20 Water!
- There is the same amount of water on Earth now as there was when the
Earth was formed. The water from your faucet could contain molecules that dinosaurs
- Nearly 97% of the world's water is salty or otherwise undrinkable.
Another 2% is locked in ice caps and glaciers. That leaves just 1% for all
of humanity's needs - all its agricultural, residential, manufacturing, community,
and personal needs.
- Water regulates the Earth's temperature. It also regulates the
temperature of the human body, carries nutrients and oxygen to cells, cushions joints,
protects organs and tissues, and removes wastes.
- 75% of the human brain is water and 75% of a living tree is water.
- A person can live for about a month without food, but only about a
week without water.
- Water expands by 9% when it freezes. Frozen water (ice) is lighter
than water, which is why ice floats in water.
- One ear of corn is 80% water.
- On the average, 50% - 70% of summer household water is used
outdoors for watering lawns and gardens.
- Running the water while brushing your teeth wastes up to 4 gallons
- Almost 80% of the Earth's surface is covered with water.
- The BATHROOM is the room in the house where most water is used.
(The toilet is the number one water-using appliance in the home).