Outdoor Rental Facilities
George Owens Nature Park Pavilion
1601 S. Speck Rd.
Independence, MO 64057
(816) 325.7843 (to schedule a reservation)
(816) 325.7115 (to see the pavilion)
If you are looking for a setting that makes you feel like you have left the city, a rental of our lakeside pavilion will do the trick. You and your guests will be able to enjoy the quiet beauty of the park’s lake area. This site puts you in the center of all the outdoor activities and natural beauty that George Owens Nature Park has to offer. The pavilion accommodates up to 100 participants and all pavilion rentals extend over a five hour time period.
All parking is located at the front of the park, so this site may not be ideal for groups where mobility is an issue. (The main parking area is approximately 1/5 of a mile from the pavilion) 2 handicap parking spots are located 217 feet from the pavilion (over uneven ground)
- Pavilion: This 56 ft x 36 ft covered area has 3 eight foot picnic tables and 10 ten foot picnic tables. 2 grills are available for your cooking needs.
- A port a pot is located near the pavilion.
- Rental Guidelines: No alcohol is allowed at George Owens Nature Park, no amplified music is allowed at this rental space, and no smoking is allowed in the pavilion. Rental groups are responsible for cleaning up after themselves (picking up litter, cleaning tables, etc.) and emptying trash into the dumpster after their event.
Please be respectful of other park visitors, programs and wildlife by keeping noise to a minimum. Do not disturb or harass the animals living in the park.
Rental Facilities | Outdoor Rental Facilities | Indoor Rental Facilities