Indoor Rental Facilities
George Owens Nature Center-
Classroom, Kitchen, and Patio.
1601 S. Speck Rd.
Independence, MO 64057
(816) 325.7843 (to schedule a reservation)
(816) 325.7115 (to see the nature center)
Enjoy your next family gathering in the classroom, kitchen and patio of George Owens Nature Center. This area accommodates up to 60 participants.
- Recycling: Bins are available for your group to recycle aluminum and plastic containers, or bring your own dishes and wash them in the kitchen area.
- Classroom: This 33 ft by 16 ft room has 10 six foot tables and 60 folding chairs for you to arrange as needed.
- Kitchen: We offer a microwave, oven, stove, refrigerator, ice machine and sink for you to use. Cutlery, tableware, etc… is not provided.
- Patio: Enjoy the wonderful seasonal weather and a beautiful view of the nature park while you bring your event outside. This covered area is 61 ft by 29ft and includes an outdoor fireplace (monitored by park staff). A large grill (4ft x 1 ½ ft) is available for your cooking needs. 8 eight foot picnic tables are located on the patio. A horseshoe pit is located a short distance from the patio.
- Parking: 60 parking spots with 4 handicap parking spots (rental groups share parking with regular park users
- Rental Guidelines: No alcohol allowed at George Owens Nature Park, no amplified music (due to aquatic turtle & fish sensitivity), and no smoking allowed in the Nature Center or on the back covered patio. Rental groups are responsible for cleaning up after their rental (sweeping, cleaning tables, etc.) and emptying trash into the dumpster after their event.
The nature center staff will monitor the building and keep the nature center open to the public during rentals. Please be respectful of other park visitors, programs and wildlife by keeping noise to a minimum. Do not disturb or harass the animals living in the park.
Rental Facilities | Outdoor Rental Facilities | Indoor Rental Facilities