Independence Athletic Complex
The Independence Athletic Complex lies on 165 acres of rolling land and features the following amenities:
- Eight soccer fields (two lighted)
- Three lighted softball fields
- Two lighted baseball fields
- Six practice football areas (one lighted)
- Two restroom/concession buildings
- One shelter for about 100 people
- One playground
- One amphitheater with space for 1000 people
- More than 1.5 miles of trails
- Ample parking
For more information about the complex, call the Independence Parks and Recreation Department at (816) 325-7210. Directions:
From M291 Highway & Salisbury Rd- Turn east onto Salisbury Rd. and follow it 1/2 mile. Main park entrance is on the left.
From 24 Highway turn south on M291 to Salisbury Rd. At Salisbury Rd. turn left follow it 1/2 mile. Main park entrance is on the left
From I-70 exit north exit 15B toward Liberty onto M291. Stay on M291 for approx. 5 miles. At Salisbury Rd.turn right follow it 1/2 mile. Main park entrance is on the left.