Your safety depends a lot on you. An expert bike driver knows that biking safety is the only way to go! Follow these rules each time you ride:
- Be sure the bike is the right fit.
- Maintain the bicycle in top condition at all times.
- Ride on the right side of the road.
- Obey traffic rules.
- Use bicycle lanes where available.
- Use hand signals.
- Watch out for pedestrians.
- Travel single file.
- Walk the bicycle across busy intersections.
- Always wear an approved bicycle helmet.
- Avoid riding at night but if you must, have reflectors on the bicycle and wear light colored clothing.