The City's Property Maintenance Code and the Fire Code require numbers to be displayed on all buildings which have an assigned street number. This is a life, safety issue so that emergency responders can find the right address. House numbers must meet the following requirements:
- The numbers must be Arabic numerals.
- The numbers must be three (3) inches high.
- The numbers must be displayed on the building, near the door.
- The numbers must be of a contrasting color and easy to read from across the street.
- The numbers cannot be obstructed by shrubbery, trees, or other items.
Violations of these ordinances can result in Municipal Court fines from $150 to $500. If you have questions about this City Ordinance, please contact Code Compliance at (816) 325-7193, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.