- 487,500 were structure fires, causing 2,855 civilian deaths, 14,075 civilian injuries, and $9.5 billion in property damage.
- 188,000 were vehicle fires, causing 320 civilian fire deaths, 1050 civilian fire injuries, and $1.3 billion in property damage.
- 564,500 were outside and other fires, causing 65 civilian fire deaths, 800civilian fire injuries, and $607 million in property damage.
The 2013 U.S. fire loss clock a fire department responded to a fire every 25 seconds. One structure fire was reported every 65 seconds.
- One home structure fire was reported every 85 seconds.
- One civilian fire injury was reported every 33 minutes.
- One civilian fire death occurred every 2 hours and 42 minutes.
- One outside fire was reported every 56 seconds.
- One vehicle fire was reported every 167 seconds.