Fire Department Employment
Applications for employment are accepted only at the time in which positions are open through the City of Independence Human Resources Department.
Independence City Hall
111 E. Maple - 2nd Floor
Independence, MO 64050
Minorities and Women are Encouraged to Apply.
For further information visit the Human Resources website: www.independencemo.org/hr
- 18 years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid State Driver's License
- Firefighter I and II Certification
- EMT-Basic License
- Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) (Certification within the last 12 months)
Body Fat Percentage:
- Male: 20% or less
- Female: 25% or less
- Pass the Fire Service Entrance Exam (FSEE) with a 70% or better, CPAT, oral board interview, background investigation, and psychological evaluation
- Post job offer: pass a medical examination and drug test
- State of Missouri Paramedic license
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Fire Science
- Combination of five years education, training, and related experience
- Ability to lift heavy objects or persons in rescue, ability to climb ladders, and to haul hose and operate extrication equipment while wearing protective clothing/gear.
Typical Working conditions
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions consisting of extreme heat and cold.
April 2012 Recruit Class October 2012 Recruit Class
June 2013 Recruit Class September 2013 Recruit Class
October 2015 Recruit Class