Fire Department Employment
Applications for employment are accepted only at the time in which positions are open through the City of Independence Human Resources Department.
Independence City Hall
111 E. Maple - 2nd Floor
Independence, MO 64050
Minorities and Women are Encouraged to Apply.
For further information visit the Human Resources website: www.independencemo.org/hr
- Be at least 18 years of age by hire date
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Possess/maintain valid driver's license/excellent driving record
- No serious criminal record
- Excellent work history and attendance record
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Pass a written examination
Eligible candidates must.....
- Posses a MO Firefighter I & II Certification (A.S. in Fire Science preferred)
- MO/EMT/Defibrillator license (Paramedic preferred)
- Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) certification within the last 12 months of application
- Hazardous Materials Operations Level certification
- Body Fat composition certification in past 30 days of application (20% males, 25% females)
- Pass the Fire Service Entrance Exam (FSEE) with a 70% or better, CPAT, oral board interview, background investigation and psychological evaluation
- Pass a medical physical and drug screen
- State of Missouri Paramedic license
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Fire Science
- Combination of five years education, training, and related experience
- Ability to lift heavy objects or persons in rescue, ability to climb ladders, and to haul hose and operate extrication equipment while wearing protective clothing/gear.
Typical Working conditions
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions consisting of extreme heat and cold.
|April 2012 Recruit Class
||October 2012 Recruit Class
||June 2013 recruit Class
|September 2013 Recruit Class
||October 2015 Recruit Class
||May 2016 Recruit Class
|January 2017 Recruit Class
||May 2018 Recruit Class
||August 2018 Recruit Class