Where to Call for Assistance in Independence
Catalog of Missouri Assistance Programs
- www.SocialServe.org - A searchable rental properties database
- Community Services League - Housing counseling (816) 254-4100
- Independence Housing Authority - Section 8 (816) 836-9200
- HUD Apartment Search
HOME Investment Partnership Funded Affordable Housing
- Maple Avenue Apartments 625 W. Maple Ave. 816-836-4090
- Sterling Creek Apartments 3302 S Sterling Ave. 816-836-6804
- Three Trails Apartments 1100 N. Noland Rd. 816-252-9885
- Patriot Place Apartments 709 W. Truman Rd. 816-252-9885
- Mt. Washington Senior Apartments 570 S. Evanston (816) 564-0035
- Salvation Army Crossroads Shelter - (816) 461-1093
- Hope House (Domestic violence victims shelter) - (816) 461-4188
- Dept. of Family Services - (816) 325-5933
Emergency Home Repairs
NWCDC Emergency Home Repair Program – (816) 833-3072 THIS PROGRAM IS NOT CURRENTLY TAKING APPLICATIONS, PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR FUTURE PROGRAMS OF THIS TYPE.
Emergency and minor home repairs to low income homeowners through the Fairmount Community Center when funds are available. Homes must be in the city limits and homeowners must meet program guidelines. The NWCDC also offers senior and youth programs and many other services.
Home Weatherization Assistance Program – (816) 358-6868
Income restrictions apply. Services provided by United Services located at 6323 Manchester Avenue, Kansas City, Missouri 64133
- Provided through the program:
- Repair or replacement of furnaces and water heaters
- Repair or replacement windows and doors
- Caulking, weather stripping and installing insulation to sidewalls and attics.
- Truman Heritage Habitat for Humanity Brush With Kindess Program - (816) 461-6551This program provides exterior repairs to low income homeowners in the form of a Zero interest loan. Typical repairs include roof repair or replacement, porch repairs, landscaping, guttering and driveway/sidewalk repairs.
- Legal Aid of Western Missouri - (816) 474-6750
1125 Grand Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64106
- Fairmount-Carlisle Tax Abatement Program - (816) 325-7426