Independence Uptown Market
211 W. Truman Rd., Independence, MO 64050
|Independence Uptown Market Rental Rates|
||4 hour minimum
12 - 24 hour rental
to Hold/Security Deposit
|$300 first 4 hours
$75 each additional hour up to 12
|$400 first 4 hours
$100 each additional hour up to 12
RENTAL AGREEMENT, POLICIES, & PROCEDURES
FACILITY USE & RENTAL POLICIES
- The Rental Contract must be read in its entirety, completed properly, signed by lessee, and received by City staff at the Truman Memorial Building.
- Times specified in your rental contract are the maximum time allowed for your use of the facility. The set up and take down/cleaning time, is included in the rental time. You will not be allowed into rented area until designated times.
- Lessee’s group must leave at designated time; if staff cannot close facility on schedule or an upcoming rental is delayed due to unauthorized extension of function, the staffing fees and any rental refunds that the City incurs will be deducted from lessee’s security deposit.
- The volume of music must adhere to Noise Ordinance of City Code; Section 7.10.002. D.J. and bands must schedule adequate time to exit the facility at the end of the rental time.
- All decorations must be approved by the City staff; lighting, banners, streamers, etc. No tape of any kind is allowed on any surfaces.
- Use of the kitchen is included in your rental fee; warming oven, refrigerator, prep area, however, an additional security deposit is required if use of the kitchen is requested.
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE NOT PERMITTED ON PREMISES WITHOUT PERMIT. APPLICATION FOR AN ALCOHOL PERMIT MUST BE SUBMITTED AT TIME OF RESERVATION. INDEPENDENCE POLICE DEPARTMENT OFFICERS ARE REQUIRED AT ALL EVENTS WITH ALCOHOL. ALCOHOL IS NOT PERMITTED DURING EVENTS FOR PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 21. PLEASE SEE ALCOHOL REQUEST FORM AND REQUEST FOR OFF-DUTY OFFICERS FOR ADDITIONAL FEES AND INFORMATION.
TABLES/CHAIRS, SPECIAL EQUIPMENT & SERVICES
- Tables; 8’ and 64” rounds @ $3ea and chairs @ .50?ea are available to rent. Staging is NOT PROVIDED. Lessee is responsible for obtaining any other required equipment at their expense.
- Equipment and any special services must be requested at time of the facility request and be approved by City staff.
- Liability Insurance which names City of Independence as additionally insured is required for inflatable, play structures and special events.
- Floors must be swept and mopped. Brooms, mops, buckets to bring facility back to its original state are supplied.
- Trash: City will provide trash receptacles and bags. Lessee must carry all trash bags to dumpster.
Facility Request Form
Fillable PDFPrintable PDF
NOTE: The fillable form is only compatible with Internet Explorer and Chrome browsers.