Neighborhood Block Party Program
March 16, 2009
The City of Independence offers assistance to residents
interested in organizing a block party in your neighborhood.
The Parks & Recreation Department will provide you with an
informational packet to help you get started, access to free
outdoor party equipment, and provide a $100 reimbursement
for specified items related to your event!
Available May 1 - November 1.
Neighborhoods can request:
- Portions of the street to be barricaded by contacting Independence Public Works Department.
- Request a fire truck, engine or EMS vehicle to make an appearance at the Neighborhood Block Party.
- Request a police vehicle to stop by the Neighborhood Block Party.
- Organize a Block Party Meeting
- Hold a Block Parting Meeting
- Pickup a Block Party Package Packet
- Turn in A Block Party Application
- Receive Your Block Park Confirmation
The Independence Parks and Recreation Department has numerous games and play equipment that are available for loan for Neighborhood Block Parties. Groups are responsible for game and play equipment pick-up and return. Call the Independence Parks and Recreation Department at (816) 325-7370 for details.
The City of Independence will reimburse up to $100 for block party expenses pending the submission of receipts for approved items and the return of all equipment in good condition.
- Food items and non-alcoholic beverages
- Paper products-plates, cups, napkins, table cloths
- Family oriented decorations
- Family oriented entertainment - music, magicians, clowns, etc.
View available play equipment
View a list of equipment available for Block Parties
Reservations are based on a first-come, first-served policy. Call the Independence Parks and Recreation Department at (816) 325-7370 for details.
Pick up your Neighborhood Block Party Request Package at:
Roger T. Sermon Community Center
Independence Parks and Recreation Department
201 North Dodgion
Independence, MO 64050
Or request by phone at (816) 325-7370