Independence Park Rules
The Parks and Recreation Department reminds everyone to observe all park rules & regulations. This allows for a safe and enjoyable experience for all. Please contact the Parks and Recreation Department for a full list of park rules.
- City parks shall be open from sunrise to sunset unless posted otherwise.
- Fires are only allowed in barbecue grills.
- The erection of any structure (tents, awnings, volleyball posts/nets, etc.) is prohibited unless a special use permit is obtained.
- Pets must be on a leash and under control.
- Pet owners pick up and properly dispose any and all fecal matter left by their pet.
- Pets are prohibited in playgrounds, pool areas, and in Community Centers.
- Solicitations are prohibited.
- Glass containers are prohibited in all park areas.
- Bands, DJ's, amusement type rides, games, booths, and activities are prohibited unless specifically approved.
- Tobacco products are prohibited from all park areas with the exception of parking lots.
- Alcohol is prohibited in all park areas.