Independence Power & Light offers a selection of outdoor lighting
fixtures at affordable monthly rates. Customers select the "dusk to dawn" fixture
that best suits their lighting needs, and IPL will install it on an existing pole.
IPL covers the cost of the energy used by the light, relamping, maintenance and
any damaged fixture replacement.
IPL representatives are available to assist you in determining whether an IPL fixture
will meet your needs for security lighting. For more information call (816)
325-7573 or contact us by
Protect Your Home
In today's urban and rural areas, outdoor Security Lighting is considered an effective method in preventing vandalism and break-ins.
Security lighting, along with good locks and observant neighbors, provides peace-of-mind.
Sodium Vapor Area Light
Light shines in a broad area around the pole.
70 Watt ($14.08 per month)
- Lights a 300 square foot area
- Suitable for residential areas
- Mounted at 25 foot height.
150 Watt ($17.54 per month)
- Lights a 600 square foot area
- Suitable for residential or small commercial areas
- Mounted at 25 foot heights.
Sodium Vapor Flood Lights
Directional lighting can be adjusted by IPL to direct light toward a specific area.
70 Watt ($14.58 per month)
- Suitable for residential areas Best option for limiting light going into neighboring yards Mounted at 25 foot height.
250 Watt ($20.59 per month)
- Suitable for medium to large commercial areas Mounted at 30 foot height.
400 Watt ($24.38 per month)
- Suitable for large commercial areas Mounted at 30 foot height
An IPL Security Lighting representative will visit your location and help you select the light fixture which will best meet your lighting needs.
Prices are effective July 1, 2012
Convenient Security Lighting from IPL
- IPL offers five options in Security Lighting, providing the lighting coverage and brightness to best meet your needs.
- IPL installs and maintains all customer-leased Security Lights.
- The charge for leasing IPL Security Lights will be added to your monthly utility bill.
- The monthly charge includes the installation, maintenance and energy usage for Security Lights.
- IPL Security Lights will be attached directly to an existing power pole.
- If there is no pole where you want the Security Light, IPL may be able to install a pole for an additional monthly charge of $6.65.
- After an initial one-year obligation, you can cancel your security lighting contract at any time.
- Your IPL security light can usually be installed and operational within two weeks of your request.
by police as the
first line of defense