Friends of the National Frontier Trails Museum
The Friends of the National Frontier Trails Museum support the
museum’s mission by providing financial support and help implementing programs and events.
The Friends help the museum in the following ways:
- Support for a variety of fun and engaging programs and events throughout the year, such as Family Fun Days
- Collecting original artifacts and diaries about the trails for display, including two of the original covered wagons at the museum
- Sponsor an annual teacher institute and educational trips
- Assist in funding children’s activities and programs
- Provide resources to help change exhibits
When you join the "Friends" you help make all of this possible.
For more information, stories and pictures about the Friends group,
visit our Facebook page:
Friends of National Frontier Trails Museum
To join the Friends of the NFTM, print the membership form
and mail it to:
Friends of the NFTM
318 W. Pacific
Independence, MO 64050
We greatly appreciate all of our wonderful volunteers! There are many ways to volunteer
at the museum, including:
- Give tours to schools and other groups as a Museum Educator
- Assist in the Merrill J. Mattes Research Library
- Help with special events and other programs
For more information about volunteering, contact
To Make a Donation
The National Frontier Trails Museum gratefully acknowledges those individuals who
generously donate original trail diaries, letters and period artifacts to our collections.
This allows us to secure and preserve these historic treasures, while sharing them
with others for years to come.
To make a donation, contact us.