Residential trash service is not provided by the City.
Please contact a private trash hauler for weekly trash pick-up.
Eight trash haulers are licensed to operate in Independence. Some also provide recycling services. Contact each company directly for information, fees and schedules:
The next scheduled Drop-Off Depot is Saturday, August 8 from 8 am to 3 pm. Everyone attending is required to properly wear a face mask.
- Location: 875 Vista Avenue, 1 mile east of M-291 on Truman Road, north on Vista Avenue
- Hours: 8 AM - 3 PM
- Independence residents only. Bring a valid driver's license or recent utility bill.
- Residential only - No commercial waste allowed.
- Cash or local check only. No credit cards, debit cards or coins accepted.
- By MO State Statute, loads must be tarped or secured so that no part of the load can fall from the vehicle.
Prices at the Drop-Off Depot:
Prices are based on the type of vehicle used, not the contents of the load (except tires and appliances). Prices effective 8/10/19. The same prices apply to both trash and brush.
- Car - $30
- Pickup Truck, SUV, Van - $40
- Trailer 8 feet or less - $50
- Trailer over 8 feet - $60
- Tires - 5 or less - No fee
- Tires - More than 5 - Above vehicle fees apply
Vehicles pulling trailers - If both the vehicle and the trailer contain items for disposal, you will be charged for both.
- Furniture, mattresses & box springs, carpet, plumbing fixtures, sheet rock, windows, shingles, fencing, landscape timbers, bricks, paving stones, etc.
- Brush - limbs, firewood, bushes & stumps. No bagged leaves, grass or yard waste.
- $20 each - Refrigerators, freezers, stoves, dishwashers, hot water heaters, washers, dryers, etc. Fluids do not need to be drained but appliance must be empty of contents.
- No fee - must have all fluids drained
- No fee - auto, boat, lawnmower, motorcycle
Items NOT Accepted
- Televisions, computer monitors, liquids, gas tanks, sealed drums.
There are no landfills in Independence.
Household Hazardous Waste
Paint, cleaners, drain openers, pool chemicals, pesticides, fertilizers, antifreeze, gasoline, etc. are not accepted. The Water Pollution Control Department typically holds a Household Hazardous Waste event in April each year. Call 325-7727 for information.