Health Department

Lost & Found

Animal sheltering services are provided at the regional animal shelter, which is managed by Great Plains SPCA.

Regional Animal Shelter

21001 E M-78 Hwy
Independence, MO 64057
Phone: (816) 621-7722

What to do if your dog or cat is lost:

  1. Go to all the shelters in your area at least every other day.
  2. File a Lost or Found Report with an area Lost & Found service. If leavingavoicemail message, be sure to include your phone number and a description of the animal.
  3. File a report online
  4. Phone: (816) 333-0020
  5. KC Pet-Connect
    • File a report online
    • Phone: (718) 352-6455
  6. Check the local newspaper's Lost & Found section.