Fire Department Employment
Applications for employment are accepted only at the time in which positions are open through the City of Independence Human Resources Department.City Hall Building
111 E. Maple - 2nd Floor
Independence, MO 64050
Minorities and Women are Encouraged to Apply.
- 18 years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid State Driver's License
- Firefighter I & II Certification
- EMT-D Basic License
- Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT)
- Certification within the last 12 months
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Male: 20% or less
- Female: 25 % or less
- Pass a competitive examination, physical agility test, oral board interview, background investigation, and psychological evaluation
- Post offers a medical examination and drug test
- State of Missouri Paramedic license
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Fire Science
- Combination of five years education, training, and related experience
- Ability to lift heavy objects or persons in rescue, ability to climb ladders, and to haul hose and operate extrication equipment while wearing protective clothing/gear.
Typical Working conditions:
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions consisting of extreme heat and cold.