Cash, Debit and SNAP/EBT/Food Stamps accepted at Market
- In an effort to broaden availability of fresh local food products to all, the Independence Farmers’ andCrafters’ Market accepts SNAP/EBT/Food Stamps and participates in the Double Up Food Bucks Kansas City program, giving residents with SNAP/EBT/Food Stamp dollars a chance to get double for their money.
- EBT TOKENS can be used to buy: Fruits and vegetables, seeds and plants for growing food, and all otherUSDA approved food items.
EBT TOKENS cannot be used to buy: Non- food items, ready to eat hot foods, Non-food producing plants, pet foods, vitamins or supplements.
- Double Up Food Bucks Kansas City for SNAP
- SNAP dollars accepted here! Use your SNAP/EBT/Food Stamp dollars for fresh local produce at the Independence Farmers’ and Crafters’ Market. Read on to see how you can even double your money!
- DOUBLE UP FOOD BUCKS tokens: Can be used to purchase fruits and vegetables only.
- A Market Money Matching Program The Double Up Food Bucks Kansas City program provides SNAP shoppers with a dollar-for-dollar match (up to $25 per week) to spend at the Independence Farmers’ and Crafters’ Market. What this means is that for every SNAP/EBT/Food Stamp $1 you spend at the farmers’ market, you will receive $2 to purchase produce. By making dollars go farther, Double Up Food Bucks Kansas City encourages SNAP recipients to visit farmers markets, so they can enjoy fresh local food, support our region’s farmers, and get more for their money. Beginning 6/15/16, anyone with SNAP/EBT/Food Stamp benefits can double their SNAP dollars at the market.
How it works
- To access the Double Up Food Bucks Kansas City program, SNAP participants simply visit the Farmers’ Market office trailer before shopping and swipe their card in return for tokens to be used at the market. For every $1 of SNAP funds redeemed at the market, a matching $1 Double Up Food Bucks Kansas City token is provided (up to a $25 match each week) to purchase fresh food from local farmers and producers.
- You will receive red plastic tokens with an Independence Market logo for the EBT money spent. These can be spent on all edible products including vegetables plants. For the match, you will receive the same amount of green plastic tokens with no market logo which can be used to purchase fruits and vegetables only. No tokens from other markets will be redeemed.