Board of Adjustment (Variance)
The Board of Adjustment is a quasi-judicial board consisting of five (5) members appointed by the City Council
. The Board hears cases submitted by applicants and decides whether the request should be granted based on the review criteria set forth in the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO)
. As a quasi-judicial body, the decisions of the Board are final. Appeals of the Board’s decision can be appealed to Circuit Court within 30 days of the decision.
A variance may not be used to:
- permit a principal use in a zoning district that is not otherwise allowed in that district;
- waive, modify or otherwise vary any of the subdivision design or improvement standards of Article 6, Subdivision Design Improvements;
- waive, modify or amend any definition or use classification;
- waive, modify or otherwise vary any of the review and approval procedures; or
- waive, vary, modify or otherwise override a condition of approval or requirements imposed by another decision-making body.
|Location:||Independence City Hall Council Chambers|
|Date:||3rd Thursday of each month|
are available prior to the meetings Minutes
are available following approval.