Board of Adjustment (Variance)
The Board of Adjustment is a quasi-judicial board consisting of five (5) members appointed by the City Council. The Board hears cases submitted by applicants and decides whether the request should be granted based on the review criteria set forth in the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO). As a quasi-judicial body, the decisions of the Board are final. Appeals of the Board’s decision can be appealed to Circuit Court within 30 days of the decision.
A variance may not be used to:
- permit a principal use in a zoning district that is not otherwise allowed in that district;
- waive, modify or otherwise vary any of the subdivision design or improvement standards of Article 6, Subdivision Design Improvements;
- waive, modify or amend any definition or use classification;
- waive, modify or otherwise vary any of the review and approval procedures; or
- waive, vary, modify or otherwise override a condition of approval or requirements imposed by another decision-making body.
2017 Board of Adjustment Schedule
Agendas and Minutes
- Agendas are available prior to the meetings
- Minutes are available following approval.