The links below access the forms for making development application to the Planning Commission
as well as the various administrative applications to the City of Independence.
Some applications require a pre-application meeting to
- acquaint the applicant with the procedural requirements;
- exchange information regarding the proposed development and the regulations, restrictions and requirements of the City;
- assist the applicant in identifying any public sources of information that may aid the application;
- review the compatibility with adjacent land uses; and
- provide general assistance by City staff.
Before submitting an application, contact the Current Planning division at (816) 325-7425 to determine whether a pre-application meeting will be required and to schedule a meeting.
All development applications submitted shall be complete with the appropriate application fee
and required information and plans before the application will be accepted. The application deadline is 5 p.m. on the Application Deadline date listed on the Deadline Schedule